Terms and Conditions
30th October 2013
Please read these terms and conditions carefully. These govern our relationship with you and, by using our Service and/or requesting a referral or ordering goods or services through Liverpool Boiler Repairs (“us”, “we”), you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. If you do not agree to these terms and conditions, you may not use our Service.
Please note that we may update these terms from time to time, without notice to you, so please ensure that you check the date above to see that you have read the most up to date version.
- We provide a Service which enables you to request goods and services from third party GasSafe registered engineers in the Liverpool area (Contractors). The Contractors may be sole traders, partnerships or companies in their own right, but they are not our employees and are not connected with us other than through the terms of the Contractor Agreement via which we refer your enquiries to them.
- We do not provide goods and services ourselves but can put you in contact with a Contractor who has agreed with us to offer customers goods and services at agreed rates and in accordance with the terms of our Contractor Agreement. In return the Contractor pays us a referral fee to cover our administration costs, that is: promoting the Contractors’ goods and services via our website; taking Customer enquiries; referring on Customer requests; collating customer feedback; and vetting the qualifications and GasSafe registration of the Contractors on behalf of Customers.
- The prices on our website are subject to change without notice and do not include:
i. Unless specifically described as part of the relevant rate, any improvements which may be required to any part of your system, including the cost of powerflushing or any work required to meet current standards;ii. Accessing any parts of your system which are not immediately and readily accessible;iii. Working with or removing any dangerous waste substances such as asbestos;
iv. Any redecoration costs;
v. Any other items not expressly agreed between you and the Contractor.
- We will endeavour to provide the Service to meet your requirements and without interruption or error, but we cannot guarantee this and we reserve the right to modify or discontinue our website or Service at any time without notice and without liability if we deem it necessary to do so.
- We will endeavour to ensure that information on the website and the content of any communications is accurate, but we cannot represent that all content and communications (including automatic emails and text notifications) will be entirely free from error or inaccuracy.
- We will endeavour to respond to enquiries within 2 working days of receipt, but we cannot guarantee the date or time on which a response will be made.
- We are an independent company and we do not have control of the Contractors, nor do we assume any liability for the goods or services that Contractors may provide or for the response to or satisfaction of any enquiries you may make. The Contractors remain under their own control and assume all liability for relevant goods and services. We agree that we will take reasonable endeavours to verify the qualifications, Gas Safe registration and insurance cover of Contractors. However, we do not guarantee these and we do not endorse or recommend any Contractor.
- You agree that we cannot be liable to you for any matters outside of our direct control and that, except for death or personal injury arising from our negligence and except for our obligations as listed above, we shall not be liable in contract, tort, negligence, statutory duty or otherwise for any loss or damage whatsoever arising from or in any way connected with this agreement, including, without limitation, damage for loss of business, loss of profits, business interruption, loss of data or any other pecuniary loss.
- You agree that any information you provide us will be your own, true, accurate, complete and current. You agree that you will not utilise our Service for any improper or unlawful purpose, and that you will not request any goods or services prohibited by law. We reserve the right to ban any person or entity from using our Service.
- Payment for the services is to be arranged between you and the Contractor.
- Once we receive your request we will refer this to a Contractor, giving your postcode and a brief summary of the work required, but no other personal information. If a Contractor is prepared to carry out your work, they will respond to us and will accept your request for work.
- Once a Contractor has accepted your request for work, we will dispatch the full details provided by you to the Contractor, and we will contact you by email or text to confirm dispatch of the job and the identity of the Contractor who will contact you. The Contractors agree with us that they will not use your personal information other than to provide you with goods and services or to contact you in relation to them.
- We may also use your personal details to provide you with information about services offered by our partner companies. If you do not wish to receive such information, please inform us. We may also record any communications we have with you to ensure that we monitor our Service provision.
- In the event that you wish to cancel the attendance of the Contractor prior to their attendance at your property, please contact the Contractor immediately. However we cannot guarantee that the Contractor will not charge you.
- Once a Contractor has accepted your request for work they are expected to contact you within 2 hours to confirm a time for their visit.
- Whilst we will endeavour to ensure that a Contractor provides the goods and services requested in accordance with the Contractor Agreement, we cannot guarantee that thegoods and services will be so provided and all liability for such performance remains with the Contractor. We shall not be liable to you in respect of any matter arising out of the actions or omissions or goods or services provided by a Contractor, any attendance or non-attendance by a Contractor at your property, or any act or omission of a Contractor. By using our Service you agree that all liability in respect of goods and services ordered through the Service rests with the Contractor as we only operate a referral service.
- In the event that you have any dispute with a Contractor, you agree that you will not pursue us for any claims, demands or damages of any nature arising out of or connected with such dispute.
- Following the provision of the goods and services we may contact you to request your feedback. Any feedback may be used on our website or in other marketing materials, but will be made anonymous save for gender, first letter of surname and general location. If you do not wish your feedback to be utilised by us for marketing purposes, please inform us of this. Whilst we will endeavour to ensure the accuracy of any feedback published by us, we do not accept liability for any inaccuracies and we do not recommend any specific Contractor.
- If you have any complaints or queries please contact us at email@example.com. Complaints with respect to our Service will be attended to within 1 working day of your complaint.
- Complaints with respect to the goods or services provided by a Contractor should be referred directly to the Contractor.
- Liverpool Boiler Repairs and LBR are the trading names of Liverpool Boiler Repairs Ltd, a company registered in England and Wales under number 8421110. Our registered office is at Aqua House, Hampton Heath Industrial Estate, Malpas, Cheshire, SY14 8LY. Our correspondence address is Marchwiel Centre, Bryn Lane, Wrexham Industrial Estate, LL13 9UT.
- This agreement sets out the entirety of the terms and conditions between us and is subject to the laws of England and Wales. No variations to the terms will be effective unless in writing and signed by both parties.
Book an appointment with a heating engineer. Call 0151 542 5000 or email us